So why a coffee scrub?
Well, simply put, caffeine is good for your skin! So much so, that there’s a huge study going on leading the authors to believe that it suppresses cells that turn cancerous in the sun.
But aside from that, in a scrub, it can be incredibly helpful in reducing the appearance of uneven skin, and cellulite. It helps stimulate blood-flow and tightens the skin. Who doesn’t want that?
So here’s how you do it.
3 tablespoons finely-ground coffee
2 tablespoons oil (see note below)
1 tablespoon sugar (I like regular white sugar)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
Step 1: In a medium bowl, measure and mix all your ingredients.
Step 2: Put it in your jar, and tie a ribbon on it. That’s it!
- Use what oil you have around, but here’s some recommendations if you want to take it up to the next level!
- Almond: excellent penetrating qualities, perfect for all skin types.
- Coconut: for oily skin types. It does a good job of cleaning, but can feel drying to some people.
- Jojoba: Very compatible with human skin, this is my favorite oil to use. It is said to help fight acne and aids in healing dry and damaged skin.
- Olive: A moisturizing oil, good for most skin types.
- In place of vanilla extract, you can use 3-5 drops of an essential oil of your choice
- You can use recycled grounds, but then you don’t get as much of the benefit of the natural coffee oils in it.
We small-batch roast all our coffee here on the North Shore!
Check out some of our best sellers: